Close Menu
  • Home
  • Featured
  • News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Security
  • Sports
  • More
    • Agriculture
    • Climate Change
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Health
    • International
    • Law and Order
    • Opinion
    • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
CONCORD MEDIA
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Featured
  • News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Security
  • Sports

    Stakeholders call for overhaul of Kano Pillars FC management amid poor NPFL performance

    November 4, 2025

    First Nigerian emerge Speaker of AYDP, dedicated victory to Nigeria’ s leadership – Akerele

    August 21, 2025

    Kano Pillar Club:NUJ  hails  Malikawa’s  fresh role, described it as most suitable 

    July 5, 2025

    Kano Governor renames sports  institute to honour 22 late athletes

    June 29, 2025
  • More
    • Agriculture
    • Climate Change
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Health
    • International
    • Law and Order
    • Opinion
    • Videos
CONCORD MEDIA
Home » Loan vendors responsible for N1.5bn salary over-deductions, Says Kano SSG
News

Loan vendors responsible for N1.5bn salary over-deductions, Says Kano SSG

EditorBy EditorMay 2, 202602 Mins Read
WhatsApp Image 2025 02 08 at 22.32.57 768x989 1

Loan vendors responsible for N1.5bn salary over-deductions, Says Kano SSG

Kola Oyelere Kano

The Secretary to the Kano State Government, Alhaji Umar Faruk Ibrahim, has stated that loan vendors—not government officials—were responsible for the alleged over-deduction of N1.5 billion from civil servants’ salaries in the state.

It will be recalled that the clarification follows an earlier directive by the governor ordering an investigation into allegations that more than N1.5 billion meant for workers’ salaries had been diverted during the tenure of a former Head of Service, Abdullahi Musa.

Governor Yusuf had issued the directive during the 2026 International Workers’ Day celebration after concerns were raised by the state Chairman of the NLC, Comrade Kabiru Inuwa.

“I heard the allegation that a former Head of Service siphoned about N1.5 billion. Immediately, I summoned the Secretary to the State Government and directed that an investigative committee be constituted,” the governor said at the time.

He had also vowed that anyone found culpable would face legal consequences and be required to refund the funds.

However, Alhaji Ibrahim made the clarification during the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress (TUC) Workers’ Day Award Night held on Friday at the Government House in Kano.

He explained that findings from a government investigative committee, supported by an independent audit, showed that the discrepancies were caused by excessive deductions carried out by loan vendors.

According to the SSG, the vendors deducted amounts beyond what was required to service loans obtained by workers, resulting in the controversy.

“The report of the committee, which was further verified by a private audit firm, clearly indicated that no government official was involved. The issue was caused by loan vendors who over-deducted from the salaries of workers,” he said.

He assured affected workers that all excess deductions would be refunded promptly, noting that the loan vendors involved had already agreed to reimburse the over-deducted sums.

Ibrahim also reaffirmed the commitment of Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf’s administration to safeguarding the welfare and financial interests of workers in the state.

The latest disclosure by the SSG provides clarity on the matter, attributing the over-deductions to loan vendors rather than government officials.

Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
Previous ArticleKano Governor orders probe into alleged ₦1.5bn salary deductions from civil servants by former head of service 
Next Article Kano records three polio cases, launches fresh immunisation campaign

Related Posts

Unexpected rain welcomes Gov Yusuf at Kano affirmation rally

May 21, 2026

NNPC Ltd. donates fully installed 1.5 tesla MRI machine to Nnamdi Azikiwe University

May 17, 2026

ICPC secures conviction of MD ,Alliance company over N182 million contract scam

May 15, 2026

Network ranking:How Nigeria,can overtake South Africa ,Kenya — CITAD enumerates

May 7, 2026

Kano emirate tussle: Ganduje denies endorsing Sanusi as Emir of Kano

May 7, 2026

Twist of fate as Ganduje bows to Sanusi emirship

May 5, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Don't Miss

UNICEF-Backed Rapid Response Project Targets Water, Nutrition Crisis in Borno Communities

By EditorMay 22, 2026

UNICEF-Backed Rapid Response Project Targets Water, Nutrition Crisis in Borno Communities Kola Oyelere Kano GHIV…

CITAD recruit teachers to public school to tackle shortage of teachers

May 22, 2026

2027: APC endorses Yusuf for second term, pledges support for Tinubu

May 21, 2026

Unexpected rain welcomes Gov Yusuf at Kano affirmation rally

May 21, 2026
© 2026 CONCORD MEDIA
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • Hisbah security operative arrest Jigawa Commissioner with a married woman in uncompleted building in Kano Kano

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.