Close Menu
  • Home
  • Featured
  • News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Security
  • Sports
  • More
    • Agriculture
    • Climate Change
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Health
    • International
    • Law and Order
    • Opinion
    • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
CONCORD MEDIA
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Featured
  • News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Security
  • Sports

    Stakeholders call for overhaul of Kano Pillars FC management amid poor NPFL performance

    November 4, 2025

    First Nigerian emerge Speaker of AYDP, dedicated victory to Nigeria’ s leadership – Akerele

    August 21, 2025

    Kano Pillar Club:NUJ  hails  Malikawa’s  fresh role, described it as most suitable 

    July 5, 2025

    Kano Governor renames sports  institute to honour 22 late athletes

    June 29, 2025
  • More
    • Agriculture
    • Climate Change
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Health
    • International
    • Law and Order
    • Opinion
    • Videos
CONCORD MEDIA
Home » NAPTIP rescues 6 street children in Kano
Crime

NAPTIP rescues 6 street children in Kano

EditorBy EditorSeptember 26, 202402 Mins Read
Concord Media

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) Kano state chapter,has said that the agency,has received six rescued street children in the state.

Mr Abdullahi Babale, the Kano Zonal Commander of the agency,made this known on Thursday,to press,while addressing Journalists in Kano

He hinted that the children aged between 7 and 9 were males, adding that, “four are from Katsina, one from Azare in Bauchi State and one from Niger Republic”.

He then disclosed that the  agency also reunited four rescued victims of child trafficking with their families.

Mr.Babale however disclosed that
a good samaritan, Hon. Kabir Abdulhamid, rescued the children along Zoo road in Kano metropolis, and handed-over the children to the agency on Sept. 24 ,2024

The  preliminary investigations revealed that the children had been sleeping on the streets for more than a year, catering for themselves since they have no relatives in Kano.

Mr.Babale further disclosed that the agency provided new clothes, bags, shoes, food and shelter to the children before transporting them to Katsina and Bauchi, to reunite them with their families.

He also stated that the agency also received four rescued victims of child trafficking and arrested one suspect in connection with the crime.

According to him,operatives of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) rescued the victims aged between 10 and 13.

The Zonal Commander said that
“The suspect brought the victims to Kano from Zaria with intention to sell them.”

The state NAPTIP boss said
“The victims have since been reunited with their families,” he said, adding that the suspect would soon be charged to court upon completion of investigations.

NAPTIP will always remain committed towards the prevention of all forms of exploitation against children, women and liberating vulnerable in the communities towards ensuring a safer and better society”.

He therefore advised parents and guardians to monitor their wards, Babale urged residents of the state to report suspicious cases of human trafficking to the agency.

While appealing  to the public that the fight against human trafficking should not be left to NAPTIP alone adding that”. We need the support and cooperation so that together we can fight the crime.”

“

Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
Previous ArticleMaiduguri flood: NRO appeal to donors to redeem their pledges
Next Article NPFM declares October 1,2024 protest, as national survival 

Related Posts

Kwankwaso lists Tinubu’s peace accord, projects as reasons for second term

August 19, 2026

Kano task force to expose those seeking release of drug suspects, warns public

July 28, 2026

CITAD condemns cyber attack on website, seeks urgent intervention

April 25, 2026

ICPC secure 12 years conviction of a dismissed NECO staff for certification forgery

April 21, 2026

DSS rescues Kibiya LG Secretary, arrests two suspects in Kano

March 25, 2026

Kano Govt disburses N7.4m to families of Uromi attack victims

March 20, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Don't Miss

Adeleke Announces N500m Fund, Scholarships for Osun Election Violence Victims

By EditorAugust 19, 2026

Adeleke Announces N500m Fund, Scholarships for Osun Election Violence Victims Kola Oyelere, Kano Osun State…

Kwankwaso lists Tinubu’s peace accord, projects as reasons for second term

August 19, 2026

CITAD urges parties to fix digital platform anomalies ahead of 2027 elections

August 17, 2026

Kebbi Police Arrest 19-Year-Old Woman Over Alleged Theft of Newborn Baby

August 17, 2026
© 2026 CONCORD MEDIA Developed by: ENGRMKS & CO.
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.