Close Menu
  • Home
  • Featured
  • News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Security
  • Sports
  • More
    • Agriculture
    • Climate Change
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Health
    • International
    • Law and Order
    • Opinion
    • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
CONCORD MEDIA
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Featured
  • News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Security
  • Sports

    Stakeholders call for overhaul of Kano Pillars FC management amid poor NPFL performance

    November 4, 2025

    First Nigerian emerge Speaker of AYDP, dedicated victory to Nigeria’ s leadership – Akerele

    August 21, 2025

    Kano Pillar Club:NUJ  hails  Malikawa’s  fresh role, described it as most suitable 

    July 5, 2025

    Kano Governor renames sports  institute to honour 22 late athletes

    June 29, 2025
  • More
    • Agriculture
    • Climate Change
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Health
    • International
    • Law and Order
    • Opinion
    • Videos
CONCORD MEDIA
Home » Yuletide: FCTA operation sweep combs motor parks to flush out criminals
News

Yuletide: FCTA operation sweep combs motor parks to flush out criminals

EditorBy EditorDecember 22, 202502 Mins Read
IMG 20251222 WA0005

Yuletide: FCTA operation sweep combs motor parks to flush out criminals

Kola Oyelere Kano

The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) on Monday intensified security operations across motor parks and other strategic locations in the nation’s capital as part of measures to ensure a safe and peaceful yuletide season.

The operation was carried out by Operation Sweep, a special security task force of the FCTA, which combed major motor parks and identified hotspots within the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to flush out criminal elements.

Speaking to journalists after the exercise in Abuja, the Director of the Security Services Department, FCTA, Mr. Adamu Gwary, said the operation was aimed at guaranteeing the safety of residents during the festive period.

Gwary, who was represented by the Secretary of the Command and Control Centre, Dr. Peter Olumuji, explained that the exercise would be sustained throughout the yuletide and beyond.

He disclosed that the FCT Minister, Mr. Nyesom Wike, had issued a marching order to security agencies under Operation Sweep to rid the territory of all forms of criminality.

According to him, the operation has recorded significant success, particularly through continuous monitoring of motor parks and the dismantling of illegal parks being used by “one chance” criminals to abduct unsuspecting members of the public.

“Any place harbouring criminal elements, including shanties, is being destroyed. We want to tell all miscreants and criminal elements in the FCT that the territory will be too hot for them to operate,” Olumuji said.

He added that several arrests had been made, numerous shanties dismantled, and criminal elements posing as taxi drivers dislodged during the exercise.

The director noted that security personnel had also been deployed to suspected blackspots across the city to provide tight security during the festive season, stressing that the ultimate goal was to protect lives and property of all FCT residents.

He further called on operators of motor parks and event centres to ensure that individuals without clear means of identification, particularly motorists, are not allowed to operate within their facilities.

Meanwhile, the Chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Jabi Motor Park, Abuja,

Mr. Adamu Abubakar, commended the task force for its efforts, saying the operation was helping to rid the city of “one chance” operators and sanitize the activities of transport workers in the FCT.

Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
Previous ArticleKwankwaso backs Tinubu on Lg financial autonomy, says It’s legal obligation
Next Article Security operatives foil mob attack on alleged blasphemy suspect in Kano

Related Posts

CITAD urges parties to fix digital platform anomalies ahead of 2027 elections

August 17, 2026

Kano Govt records ₦996bn contracts, 867 completed projects, Commissioner

August 16, 2026

Waiya receives crisis communicator award, reaffirms commitment to accurate information

August 13, 2026

Kano intensifies water treatment plants rehabilitation to tackle water scarcity

August 5, 2026

Kano Governor receives FG team ahead of groundbreaking for ₦1.05 trillion light rail project

July 30, 2026

Prof urges FG to replicate Oyo strategy in rescuing abducted schoolchildren in Borno

July 18, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Don't Miss

CITAD urges parties to fix digital platform anomalies ahead of 2027 elections

By EditorAugust 17, 2026

CITAD urges parties to fix digital platform anomalies ahead of 2027 elections Kola Oyelere Kano…

Kebbi Police Arrest 19-Year-Old Woman Over Alleged Theft of Newborn Baby

August 17, 2026

Four dead, eight injured as two buildings collapse in Kano

August 17, 2026

Kano Govt records ₦996bn contracts, 867 completed projects, Commissioner

August 16, 2026
© 2026 CONCORD MEDIA Developed by: ENGRMKS & CO.
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.